Thursday, November 11, 2010

We all have a soldier is us...

I am thinking about the BRAVE today. The people who had the courage to fight for what they believe in. To fight for the lives of loved ones and strangers. The courage these hearts contain to me is a glimpse into God's love for us. Humble, unconditional, and faithful. With it being Veterans Day, I am reminded that‎ "This nation will remain the land of the free only so long as it is the home of the brave." -Elmer Davis 

Not by any means am I trying to take away the much needed recognition from the brave soldiers who have shed blood for us, or the ones who are fighting for our freedom today...but I couldn't help my mind from wandering to the depths of just simple loss. The loss of a life. It led me to think about all the other BRAVE, courageous souls that have fought for what they believe in, or what they love. Some of these people are never, ever recognized. Some of these people fought a silent battle. This blog is my dedication to the BRAVE. Of all walks of life. Of all subject matters. 

This is to the ones who have...

Lost their lives due to domestic violence.
Lost their lives because they didn't back down from their religious stand.
Died in honor of their heritage. 
Stood and died in the way of danger to help a complete stranger. 
Died battling a deadly disease. 
Died serving their families in honor. 
Died fighting a silent battle.
Etc...

My heart and prayers are with you if you have lost someone who you truly know was BRAVE. My heart hangs heavy today for the loved ones I have lost this year. One thing I hope, is to leave this earth with dignity and respect. I hope that people can look back on my life and say, "Alicia was BRAVE. She fought 'til she couldn't fight anymore". 

This is my wish and prayer for you today. That we all find our inner heros and courage, and that we never forget those who bared the pain, shed the blood, or fought for who they loved. It doesn't just take someone in the military to carry the title "soldier". I believe we are all soldiers. We fight battles every single day in this life. Wether physical or mental; pain is pain & BRAVE is BRAVE. We always have the choice to be BRAVE and to stand up and fight for what we believe in! God bless all today who have passed away bearing the chest plate of BRAVERY




be BRAVE. 






xoxo
jesus loves you and so do i.


No comments:

Post a Comment